EFCC - Electric Fan Collectors Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two other fans I forgot to mention

3 posters

Go down

Two other fans I forgot to mention Empty Two other fans I forgot to mention

Post by Beau M Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Here are a couple of fans I forgot to mention that I have, as well as the K-223 I got ffrom Erik. One of them has been sitting in our garage for quite sometime. I dug it out just a few months ago and the other I just found in the closet about a month ago (Aprox.). Both of these fans I got 20 or so years ago when I was a kid. Here they are.

Fan #1. Late 60's or early 70's Galaxy floor fan.
Two other fans I forgot to mention 004tuf.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 005grh.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 006pjq.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 007ebt.th
Unfortunately, after years of sitting, the motor is locked up and needs maintenence. I'm sure you screw that front guard off but it seems to be stuck on there good after sitting for so many years. I may sell this or trade it for something better as I hear these are not that great in air movement.

Fan #2. 1930's G.E. table fan.
Two other fans I forgot to mention 009psr.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 010vqt.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 011bkg.thTwo other fans I forgot to mention 012fef.th
As you can tell from that last image, the bottom is missing from the base. I found this in our hall closet as I was getting some stuff out of there. Fortunately, this still runs. It does; however, need a good cleanup, probably a good blowing out of the motor and probably some oil. If there's any advice on how to maintain these fans let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Beau M

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauloftis1976

Back to top Go down

Two other fans I forgot to mention Empty Re: Two other fans I forgot to mention

Post by Jeremy R Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey Beau, I have that same Galaxy! I found it on the curb a long time ago, and have never really used it--so I can't vouch for its air-moving abilities. cat

Jeremy R

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob D. Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:51 am

Very nice finds! I love that old G.E. you have.
Rob D.
Rob D.
Administrator

https://efcc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau M Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks Rob. I actually bought that G.E. as a kid at some trade store. I didn't know that dad brought it with him from his old house (the same house I lived in from birth until I was ten) to this house until I found it in our hall closet.

Beau M

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauloftis1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down