EFCC - Electric Fan Collectors Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!!

Go down

Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!! Empty Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!!

Post by MaxC Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum that I found from a link from a youtuber's video description. So like the title said I just got the fan last Sunday from my aunt and uncle who owns a restaurant in downtown St. Louis. The building where the restaurant is about a 100 years old, it even as a old coal shoot in the basement. It was fish market store from I was told and we guess that's how the fan was there ever since they got the building in the 70's. I'm guess the fan is from the 1940's? The plate on the motor said it was a (Fan Duty Motor) with
Frame-S60 TX, Volts-110, Style-729 4617, Amps-3, RPM-1140, Cyc-60, HP-1/8, PH-1. Can anyone tell me more about this fan, year, history, and etc?? It was a very dirty, rusty and dusty fan when I got it and recently just started cleaning it. Any tips on maintenance? Not sure if the image I found on the net works but if it does it looks exactly like it but the blades. It has four, not three and not as stylish, more like a propeller. Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!! Museum1 Also the switch broke, so when you plug it in it just turns on and the switch itself has been replaced before. So what kind of switch should I get?? I'm thinking of one of those chain ones since I'm planing to place it in my garage corner and won't able to reach back there after I place it there. It's very very heavy. Motor itself weighs 23.8 lbs! Any speeds on this thing like low, medium, and high? Switch broke and not original like I said earlier.

Last edited by MaxC on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaxC

Back to top Go down

Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!! Empty Re: Recently got an Emerson pedestal fan!!

Post by MaxC Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Guess it didn't work but here's the link

http://www.fancollectors.org/museum1.htm

just scroll down a bit

MaxC

Back to top Go down